Sports betting is now part of our everyday lives. We’ve all wagered a quid to back our team before a European or FA Cup match, or simply to pass the time before the Premier League weekend action. There are countless sports events to choose from and equally numerous betting sites willing to accept our bets. These ample wagering options, however, bring along a mind boggling question: “Which bookmaker should I place my bets on?” The answer is actually quite simple and requires that you take into account five basic criteria.
How to choose the perfect betting site
- High odds. It’s hard to argue against betting on the highest possible odds as they directly influence your winnings. It’s essential that you always try and find bookmakers with high odds and low commission.
- Number of markets. There is no point in choosing a site that only lets you bet on match results or number of goals. The more options you have, the better your experience and chances of winning become.
- Welcome bonus. Lets say you’re cut between two bookies that seem to have identical odds and markets. The next thing to look out is claiming the most profitable sing up offer, because, lets face it, who doesn’t like free money? Keep in mind though, that certain terms might apply to your bonus (rollover amount & date of expiration) that should be carefully read before signing up.
- Regulatory authority: This one’s really important, as the only thing that stands between a sportsbook and your money, is the regulatory authority’s watchful eye. Thankfully, British punters are safeguarded by one of the most reputable ones, the UK Gambling Commission. If you happen to punt from abroad, we suggest that you choose betting sites regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority or the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority.
- Ease and number of transactions: Nowadays, almost every online bookmaker will accept deposits and withdrawals via bank cards, e-wallets, vouchers and wire transfers. However, having more options certainly can’t harm you, as you might prefer using a local payment that your bookie won’t accept. Also, make sure to choose a site that processes your transactions in the fastest possible manner.
Things that scream scam
- Out-of-this-world bonuses. Did you come across a bonus that seemed too good to be true? Chances are that this is exactly the case. Opting for sportsbooks that promise 500% on your first deposit are one of the sure way of waiving your money goodbye.
Long waiting times on payouts and withdrawals. If you happen to encounter this you might have already fallen victim to a cheating bookmaker. Scam betting sites frequently avoid awarding payouts by claiming make-belief system errors or other ludicrous excuses.